Asphalt Driveway Repair
We Have Extensive Experience in Asphalt Driveway Repair
You should consider investing in asphalt driveway repair to increase the lifespan of the surface. While it is a solid, durable material that people have used in both commercial and residential sectors, it is prone to wear and tear over the years. As a result, it takes on severe damage posing a threat to the safety of vehicles and pedestrians. have many years of experience with surfaces. Hence you can rely on us for a resurface of any asphalt driveway.
Signs That You Require Bitumen Driveway Repairs
Your driveway is the gateway to your property. You and your visitors use it to travel to the house and park. With frequent traffic, the constant weight of your vehicles, and the continual change in the air temperature, cracks will appear on the surface. These are some of the signs you should look out for before calling in a qualified contractor to repair your driveway.
- Cracks are a point of concern. When exposed to the natural elements, cracks in the asphalt surface will widen, and if left unattended, lead to significant damage to the surface. You must inspect the surface regularly to catch any anomalies as early as possible.
- Water is the enemy of asphalt. If your installation isn’t correct and allows for water to pool in a specific section, the water soaks into the tar and weakens its structure from the inside. Thus, you wind up with cracks and bits of asphalt that tear away. Furthermore, when water seeps into existing small cracks, it softens the asphalt and causes the material to be prone to damage.
- You’ve seen and experienced potholes on the road at some point. Your driveway is made from the same material; therefore, it’s highly possible for potholes to occur on your driveway. Apart from water seeping in and causing potholes, if you leave weeds unattended in the asphalt, it spreads underground and cracks the material. You should attend to the weeds to avoid costly repair.
What You Should Know About Asphalt Repairs in Melbourne
You’re aware of the signs to look out for on your driveway that you require a contractor for repairs. When it is time to call for help, it’s advisable that you know the various repair types for your asphalt driveway.
- When you’ve spotted cracks in the surface, a contractor can solve the problem through crack filling. It entails using a hot sealant to fill the cracks and prevent water seepage.
- If your asphalt driveway is old, requires a boost to its appearance and its lifespan expanded the application of seal coating is typical. The seal coating protects the material from its usual wear and tear as well as other elements such as oil and water. It prevents damage and is recommended every three to five years in the warmer months.
- Instead of a complete replacement, you can opt for an overlay. We regard overlaying as a large patching job over a stretch of asphalt.
About Saltire Road Services
For over 80 years, we’ve been assisting commercial and residential clients with their surfaces. Our successful years in business is a testament to the work we do and the services we provide.
Contact us for your asphalt installations and repairs.